Sagework Umbra Guitar Support Review
Umbra guitar support from Sagework
In this review I'll be explaining why I think this guitar support is so good for guitarists and why you should probably throw your footstool away in favour of this attractive, practical, but kind of expensive modern product. Don't forget to check out my other review on the Atlas guitar support also from Sagework and my installation video guide on YouTube (links are at the end of this article).
- 100% Reinforced Nylon material
- Sleek modern appearance
- Highly adjustable
- Ergonomic design
- Super easy setup
- Pickup & play
- Safe & secure
- Light & easy to stow
- Cheaper than the Atlas model
- Installation is more complicated than other guitar supports
- Adjustable points can be a tad overwhelming
- More expensive than other supports
I have to say that after having installed this I will never go back to using a foot stool. I look at this as the nemesis to the foot stool. Here are my reasons:
- Practical. Just leave it attached to your guitar!
- Comfortable. The curved thigh mount feels great
- Adjustable. So many options allow you to seat the guitar in the perfect position
- Compact. This support packs up into a tiny space allowing you to stow it conveniently in your guitar case
- Posture. I love having both of my feet flat on the ground. This feels far more natural and stable.
Here's my video review of the Sagework 'Umbra' guitar support:
Watch my installation video for the Atlas/Umbra guitar supports below.
For performers I feel this is the way to go. When you walk out on stage with your foot stool or even if you've set up your foot stool in advance it just looks clumsy. Very rarely will it ever be set in the right place and bending over to place it in front of your chair is never flattering. With this support you can just attach it before you walk out on stage! As soon as you sit down you're ready to go and that for me is a beautiful thing.
The Umbra comes in at around 20% cheaper than the Atlas making it a great deal! This support is built to last and although it may be the second most expensive option out there it will give you many years of comfortable, easy, and satisfying use.
If you want a support like this head to the Sagework website and buy one!
Let your fingers fly!